A 3-year-old boy died after he unintentionally swallowed a coin at his residence close to Aluva, with kin alleging that authorities hospitals the place he was taken to had refused to confess him as he got here from a Covid-19 containment zone.
Kerala well being minister Ok Ok Shailaja termed the incident as “very unlucky” and directed the principal secretary (Well being) to submit a report after an intensive enquiry.
Stringent motion can be taken if any lapses have been discovered, she stated in an announcement.
The boy’s kin alleged that he was denied therapy as their residence fell in a Covid-19 containment zone at Kadungallur close to Aluva.
They stated the incident occurred on Saturday morning following which the mother and father took the kid to the Aluva authorities hospital, the place an X-ray was performed and revealed the presence of the item.
Nonetheless, the hospital authorities allegedly didn’t admit the kid
A senior physician there claimed that the boy was not admitted as there was no paediatric surgeon and so he was referred to the Ernakulam Common Hospital.
Medical doctors there examined the kid and referred him to the Authorities Medical Faculty Hospital, Alappuzha,for higher medical care, the place, too, he was allegedly not admitted.
The medical doctors reportedly suggested the mother and father to present their baby fruits, which, they stated, would end result within the coin passing by means of his movement.
The mother and father, who belong to a poor household, took the kid again to their residence in Kadungallur.
Nonetheless his situation worsened by night they usually rushed him to Aluva authorities hospital, however he died en route, police stated.
The physique can be handed over to the mother and father after post- mortem, well being authorities stated.
His swab has been collected for Covid-19 take a look at, they stated.